Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

First Decision Made

This is my first post and my first blog....I think this might actually be fun!! My name is Paula and I have just made the decision to purchase a Ryan home for my family.  This will be my first home purchase and I am really buying for the tax break (Uncle Sam is kicking my butt) and for my new granddaughter Mackenzie, who I refer to as ladybug! I have 3 children and they are 20, 18, and 16...in college and at home.  I will make the basement of whatever model i choose an "apartment" for 2 of them. 

I made my first decision to purchase at The Preserves in Accokeek, MD.  This is like 20 miles south of where we are currently located.  Its gonna be a tough commute for my babygirl as next year is her Senior year, and we arent going to switch schools.  The Preserves seems like a nice area, i have driven in the day and in the night, i havent noticed any issues.  If anyone live there please let me know your observations.

I am leaning towards purchasing the Belford model home.  Its the lowest on the price range, which means i can "load it up" and still be able to SHOP and drive nice vehicles!!! I NEVER want to be "house poor", and being a single parent and grandparent isn't always easy!!  This blog site is wonderful, as it has given me so much more insight than i could have EVER gotten reading on my own.  I have now decided to have my friend who is a realator represent me.  I learned that Ryan has a separate fund to pay them.  She was very excited for me to make this move and for her pocket, (she recently became a grandmother, too!) 

I will set my appointment to meet with Chelsea, SR, at the Preserves, in the next 2 weeks....meanwhile, i am reading all these posts, and writing my questions and option desires.  Chelsea has been so helpful to me thus far, with giving me the cost for some of the options i want to install....i am building my home on paper, before i get there.

If there are any helpful hints i should know, please tell me....otherwise, thanks for embarking on this journey with me!!!

We are going to build my LADYBUG a home!!!

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment